Thursday, December 28, 2006
December in Alabama
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Another Foggy Morning
Friday 12/15/06...Fog Continues!
This was the third morning in a row with thick fog in North Alabama. I don't know about you, but I have enjoyed this foggy weather. If I lived in Seattle or London, I'd get tired of it, but it's a cool change of pace here in Alabama.
Monday, December 18, 2006
1. Who would you most like to hit with a snowball? My boys! I have three sons who never have seen significant snow and I know they (and I) would have the time of our lives!
2. Are you good at making snow angels? Yes, but who isn't?!
3. Have you ever been in a blizzard? The blizzard of March 1993 struck my home state, Alabama, and I enjoyed it thoroughly, being a weather geek. The best part was the green sky after midnight during the lightning, thunder, heavy snow, and high winds. In my area we had one foot!
4. What is the most snow you have experienced in feet and inches? See above blizzard of 1993. We also had a freak snow of 8" in Huntsville in 1988 and 6-8" in Tuscaloosa in the early 1990's.
5. What would you most like to be doing if you were snowed in? Snuggling up in front of a wood burning stove with no TV, just family and friends enjoying each other's company. I also would like to be playing outside with the boys.
6. Have you ever peed in the snow? I can't remember but I wouldn't be surprised if I did. If we get a blizzard in Bama this year, I will!
7. Are you good at driving in snow? Probably the best in my county, which isn't saying much!
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Thursday, December 07, 2006
Update at 9:39 pm
High 51.8 at midnight
Temp dropped through the 30's in the afternoon...
As of 9:39 we are down to 19.9
It's down to 18.0 in Vinemont at 11:00 pm.